How to Make an Embellished Light bulb Terrarium Stand: DIY Steampunk Planter
This is a kind of part 2 for the light bulb terrarium project that I made in VLOG#25.
In this episode, I show you how to make a cool looking industrial style embellished stand to hold your light bulb terrarium.
This technique can also be used on all kinds of other projects to give them an interesting surface texture and feel.
If you make this project or come up with a cool idea on how to use this technique on your own project, let me know by leaving me a comment below.
For this project you are going to need these tools and supplies:
• A light bulb Terrarium (Although I recommend building the base before planting the bulb.)
• A block of wood that is slightly longer and wider than your light bulb and about 3/4th” thick
• 4″ or so of 1/8th” diameter copper wire.
• Aluminum foil
• Black acrylic paint
• Gold metallic paint (I use Lumiere metallic paints by Jacquard.) or Rub and Buff.
• A Paint brush
• Plastic beads, nuts, bolts, screws or other flat low profile embellishments. Check out VLOG#16 for more embellishment ideas.
• Tacky glue
• Mod Podge